Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The Challenge of Getting Inspired




   So, lately, I have been spending a lot of time attempting to get my name and art out 'there.' I have been doing different ad campaigns online, some have been doing well, others have failed terribly. That is just the way it goes, I guess, I have to try it all and see what fits and works for me and I also have to become aware of things that do not. So, the last few months have been largely dedicated to finding my advertising 'mojo,' if you will. Also, while I was in the throes of figuring all of this out, I happened upon and opportunity that I couldn't turn down. The opportunity to be a co-host on a friend's podcast. Not only is it a lot of fun and a LOT of laughs, it gives me a chance to put myself out 'there' more, which is something that for most of my life, I have been TERRIFIED of doing. I prefer to stay in my safe, comfy, shell. However, even after a few very recent past attempts to come out have been very unpleasant experiences, I realize that it is time to 'strap on a pair,' as it were, and allow my soul the expansion it needs. It comes as no surprise to me, that the person who runs the podcast is a friend who has pulled me out of my shell before and helped me grow in confidence that I never thought I had, even if he doesn't realize it. ;) So, I am taking this new opportunity as a chance to have fun and interact with some pretty talented people and learn from the experience as well. Even if I end up with my foot in my mouth or a backlash complete with pitchfork wielding, angry villagers, I will allow this experience to unfold, inspire and enlighten me. I am excited to move forward and see what great things can come out of it.
   So, with new ventures underway and a renewed sense of direction, I am challenging myself to get inspired and embark on a new path with my artwork. I want to expand my style and self expression. I want to experiment with emotion and spirituality in upcoming works. My hope is that, with spring right around the corner, I can be 'born again' with the Earth and find a way to express my new perception in a way that both inspires others, and awakens their own sense of wonder. So, here's to growing and new experiences! Cheers!

-Rev. Raven Behr




No comments:

Post a Comment